Address: 3M Center,
St. Paul, MN
3M is seeking a Fall Protection Product Development Engineer to initiate and accelerate new product development for Fall Protection within the Occupational Health & Environmental Safety Division!
The person hired for the position of Product Development Specialist will be brought in to initiate and accelerate our new product development for Fall Protection. In keeping with our product migration plan, we will be bringing on experienced engineers who have demonstrated success in commercializing new products. They will have strong mechanical engineering experience, ideally be Professional Engineers, with a strong capacity for design work. We will be looking for personnel that also have statistical and intellectual property savvy that will enable us to rigorously test, evaluate, and protect strong new product designs for both hard goods and soft goods.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following,
- Inspire inclusion of new technologies to existing and entirely new spaces in the Fall Protection business.
- Provide technical leadership in commercialization programs.
- Designing via CAD multiple prototypes and constructions for potential commercialization.
- Understanding and conducting testing to confirm performance and conformance to standards and customer needs.
- Continued awareness of patent literature and generation of new intellectual property.
- Collaborating with potential vendors and external partners for production of materials.
- Working within cross-functional teams to achieve goals of the business.
Location and Travel: The person hired for the position of Product Development Specialist will be located in Maplewood, MN and may include up to 10% travel.
Relocation benefits are currently authorized for this position.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a Scientific related discipline
- 5+ years combined experience in Fall Protection product support and/or product development
- Mechanical engineer (Professional Engineering certification preferred)
- 3+ years of experience commercializing certified Fall Protection devices
- 1+ year of CAD software experience (SolidWorks expertise preferred)
- Combined experience collaborating with quality and/or manufacturing technical functions in the scale-up and/or maintenance of Fall Protection products